Click here for further info... [+]
What we doWillDo understands that health and safety compliance is not just a legality to be ticked off - it directly influences the experience of participants and visitors and the long-term viability of the event. It takes just one small incident to scare participants and sponsors away.
WillDo works in partnership with the event organisers from the early inception and planning stages to ensure that health and safety are professionally managed and contribute to the overall experience of everyone involved.
Services include applying for or negotiating with the relevant authorities:
- Assisting with the application for the event - including drawing up of event plan
- Obtaining the necessary permissions for structures
- Ensure the event is compliant with water regulations
- Drawing up of contracts with service providers such as security and ablution management
- Liaising with local policing structures
- Drawing up a medical disaster plan
- Drawing up food safety-related vendor contracts
- Fire safety and prevention plans
- Request for temporary electricity power supply - ensure compliance with installation regulations
- Apply for road closures
- Determine that the event complies with the zoning of the property
- Advise on whether the event meets the relevant air quality regulations
- Indemnification of local authority against all actions, lawsuits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses arising out of the permission granted
What we also do
- Assist with the planning of specialised events such as air shows, model aircraft and drone expos, kite-flying events
- Determine costs of services supplied by the municipality, and arrange for payment
- Liaison with local ward councillors and residents' associations where necessary
- Arrange insurance cover
- Manage refuse removal
- Monitor noise levels
- Provide and erect temporary signage
Letting you focus on the event experience and brandwith one of only 7 ITU (International Triathlon Union) Level 2 Certified Technical Officials in South Africa and internationally accredited Event Safety Technicians.
Headed up by William Walton, one of the most qualified and experienced event safety officers in South Africa, WillDo provides a one-stop compliance service for events of all types and sizes by providing affordable internationally-accredited compliance support.
We take the stress out of compliance while you focus on providing a winning experience for the participants in your sporting event, festival or corporate function and on your sponsors.
Managing the legal aspectsHealth and safety at all events in South Africa are controlled by a complex combination of national regulations and local by-laws.
The penalties for non-compliance include:
- Having the event stopped by the authorities - just hours before it is due to start
- Insurance claims against the organisers in their individual capacities, as well as against their business in the
- event of injuries, death or damage
- Civil claims against the organisers and their companies
Covering all areasCompliance regulations cover all aspects of an event, including:
- Provision of ice and clean water
- Food safety
- Liquor licence
- All tents, marquees, stage and other construction
- Medical support
On-site presenceMost importantly we are on site for the entire duration of the event - from set-up to final break-down to ensure that all the compliance commitments have been met, and to assist with the swift resolution of any incidents or issues.
Internationally accredited compliance officerWilliam Walton is one of the most qualified and experienced event compliance officers in South Africa. He has:
- Certified Safety, Health and Environmental Management Technology Practitioner (SAQA Number: NLRD 244283),
- Unit Standard Level 5, 10 credits & Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (UK) - Safety Technician Level 3 (UK).
- A certified Level 2 International Triathlon Technical Officer (one of 7 in South Africa)
- 15 years of compliance experience at a national and international levels
- Has worked on a wide range of events from swimming, road running to mountain biking and rally sports.
- As a result of William's extensive experience and qualifications WillDo has the systems in place to support event organisers and to take away the stress of compliance.